Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Flower School Bridal Shower

I love a novel party idea. This one combines my love of flowers, learning, fun, and a great take-away gift at the end. Last night my friend Corey and I hosted a little Flower Power Bridal Shower for our great friend Dana. It was held at the Flower School New York. If you don't know it -- you should. They hold amazing courses for learning the art of flower arranging with master designers.

In our case, the fabulous Michael George was our teacher, helping us each create a beautiful bridal bouquet -- a "Biedermeier". I learned this new term, which is defined as a "very structured, symmetrical bouquet, complete with the naural stems".
Here we are with some of our creations.
My bouquet held up overnight.
Michael George is known for his very clean bouquets and arrangements, but a few stems must be broken to create a masterpiece!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a unique way to decorate wedding receptions and many more occasion with the flowers.

Thanks for sharing.

Michelle said...

Great idea, I didnt know that there was a school for creating wedding bouquets. It is really a challenge to prepare for your own wedding but hey you're happy right so no problem! I was just looking around blogs and thinking if an a4 card is good for invitations then I stumble upon this blog and I say to myself I know I can do it! Thanks!

XTREME NO MUSCLE BUILDER said...

Good to know of the school for creating wedding bouquets...

a thousand mason jars said...

wow, what a cool idea. this would be so nice to do with a small group of close family & bridal party. many events around the wedding are big parties, that this would be a nice intimate way to learn a new skill. and potentially put to use on the big day, depending on how adventurous the bride is!