Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dinner with the Artists

One of the lucky things about working in an industry with insanely creative people is reaping the benefits of their creativity.

I got to do just that when I was invited to a dinner at the Foundry, an ethereal wedding and party venue in Long Island City. I've started to describe the evening to friends several times, but decided that the photos speak 1,000 words in this case.
The ladies from Poppies & Posies created the amazing florals and even cut out this fabric runner by hand!
Bryn from Paperfinger, who hand lettered the window signage at our pop-up store in Williamsburg a while back, lettered the menus, invitations and signage.
Something Different Party Rentals provided the large wooden farm table and many unique products for the event.
Thanks to Les Loups for the musical entertainment. The lovely meal and servers were hosted by Michael Stuart. I loved attending a dinner party he catered as I'm working with him soon for the first time at Angel Orensanz -- a harbinger of good things to come!
Paperfinger designed these rubber stamps for each guest as favors. I adore mine. It also gave me advance notice that I was seated next to my friend Maria McBride, an enormously talented creative from Bride's.
And if you are wondering who took these luscious pictures, they are all thanks to Jen Huang. I lifted all images from a marvelous posting on Design Sponge, where there's a lot more eye candy.

No comments: