Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Considered revealing at the end of the 19th century, and enjoyed by Marcel Proust, I've adapted this questionnaire as a format for interviewing some of my favorite wedding personalities. To kick it off, here's mine. Look for other interviews periodically on our blog.
1. Your favorite wedding idea?
A personal note from the couple tucked under each guest’s place setting.
2. The quality you most appreciate in a groom?
3. The quality you most like in a bride?
Enthusiasm and risk-taking.
4. What do you most value in a wedding?
5. What do you consider the most common wedding mistake?
Losing the forest for the trees
6 What is your favorite wedding element?
Wild and wonderful dancing
7. What is your dream wedding?
A private home filled with art, friends and family, great wine, great music.
8. What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
Not having loved ones at your wedding.
9. What wedding vendor would you like to be?
10. In what country would you like to do a wedding?
India – for the spectacle and endless parties.
11. What is your favorite color combination?
Kona and cornflower.
12. What is your favorite flower?
Anemones, peonies, lily of the valley, sweet peas.
13. What is your favorite wedding song?
George Gershwin’s “Our Love is Here to Stay”
14. What are your inspirations?
Paintings, fashion books, favorite restaurants, the venue and the couple
15. Who are your heroes in real life?
Waiters and busboys and chefs
16. What are your favorite stationery designs?
Multi-color letterpress collage
17. What modern trend do you most admire?
“Together with our families” on the invitation
18.What is your motto?
Work hard, then enjoy!
(Buzz: The book is published by Assouline and makes a great wedding gift!)